Licensed; 30+ years experience; thorough inspection; written report; Text requests (914) 382-4170
Septic Inspection includes:
- Septic Tank Inspection performed with a full tank. We expose the lid of the tank and then view the inside the tank to inspect baffles, tank contents, water flow/levels, and general condition of tank. (If tank is more than one foot below the surface there may be an additional charge of $50 per foot for digging – not common.)
- Septic Field Inspection via a water load test. Test determines the ability of the fields to handle water output and looks for clogs or back-ups. Water load test is run for up to 90 minutes simulating an average flow of water from the household.
- A Written Report of all findings is provided within 24 hours.
- Site Inspection to review the condition of the internal waste lines, system ventilation, location of the system with respect to setbacks and proximity to deterrents to system function, such as trees and shrubs.
- An Estimate for System Repair is provided if the system or any components have been found to be in failure. In real estate negotiations the written estimate can be presented to the seller.
- Requisitioning of Maps: If the homeowner cannot furnish a septic map, we will either contact the appropriate agency or provide guidance to collect any available information.
- A Camera inspection of pipes for leaks, cracks and blockages may be added for $200, if needed or requested.
D-Box Inspection: $200 Per Box
If a septic map is available, an optional distribution box inspection may be performed at $200 per box. This cost includes exposing the distribution box to inspect the condition of the box and connected fields. If the box is exposed and found to be deteriorated or clogged, then the system is in failure. This is helpful but not always necessary for a proper inspection.
Septic systems have a limited life. It is prudent for anyone purchasing a new home to have the septic system inspected. If you would like to know more about the septic inspection process or have septic inspection questions, please contact us.